Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about containers

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
283 Views, 0 Replies

Question about containers

Okay, so I'm completely new to 3D Studio with MAX 2014. I have this problem with a commerical model that we bought - this model uses containers to group its geometry.

The problem is, when I try to select parts of the geometry from the viewport, all the contents of the container that part is placed in is also automatically selected. I don't want this, I want to select any part of the geometry freehand.

After reading up a bit on containers it seems that the container owner can specify edit possibilities, and that these possibilities cannot be changed later. Is this supposed to extend to model geometry? If so, I can't modify this model at all, all of it is part of some container with no obvious way to select the nodes that went into the container or to just delete the containers (but keep the geometry). When I open the container explorer for this model it shows a root node with 4 children, all of which have several geometry nodes contained within them. They display with the "Open?" checkbox checked, and nothing under "Locked by" so I suspect these are not locked, but how do I acess the nodes within?

Alternatively, is there a way I can just nuke all these containers away from my model (without nuking the geometry) so that I can select individual parts of the geometry?

I can add some screenshots if this question didn't make any sense. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report