Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProoBolean problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
602 Views, 8 Replies

ProoBolean problem

Hi.

Usualy when I am using ProBoolean I am choosing object, then I am clicking Compoud objects>ProBoolean>Start Picking and then I am clicking at object i want to subtract from the first one. But unfortunately this time, when I am trying to make holes for windows in wall, is happening something opposite. My wall disappeared and window shape object is cutted in plase where previously was wall.

What I supposed to do?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Video with record of this problem.

[URL]https://youtu.be/m9dVf_2MEFE[/URL]

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Have you tried boolean instead pro boolean?

Autodesk did take the confusing decision of calling booleans the newer and more advanced one.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Unfortunately,  effect is this same as with ProBoolean

Message 5 of 9
leeminardi

Here's an easy way to make holes in walls for windows and doors using object snap.

lee.minardi
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: leeminardi

That looks really interesting but i simply can't repeat what you did in this video. Can you tell me what I did wrong?

Przechwytywanie.JPG

And second thing is that I don't want to make ordinary doors. I need to cut in wall shape of for example this:

Przechwytywanie.JPG

Maybe your solution will allow me to cut into wall also this arch shape.

Message 7 of 9
leeminardi

Select the wall first then execute the ProBoolean function click Start OPicking and pick the wall.  It helps to have the object that will be subtracted from the wall fully pierce the wall.  Do not just have them flush with either side of the wall.

Did you closely follow the process I used in my previous Screencast?   Make sure you have the object snaps to face and edge and nothing else then click-drag the width of the window (since object snap face is one the window edie will be on the face of the wall), now lift your finger off the mouse button and drag for the depth of the window, click, (down/up) and now drag for the height of the window and click (down/up) again.

The following Screencast shows how to make a hole for a window with a circular top.  I hope this helps!

lee.minardi
Message 8 of 9
leeminardi

Embedding Screencasts is painful!  I will try again.

lee.minardi
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Booleans are likely to malfunction if any of the components have internal intersecting elements. By intersecting I mean elements  independent from volumen point of view but intersecting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report