Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Texturing a 3D Model

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
489 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with Texturing a 3D Model

Hi! So I'm trying to make a texture for a 3D model of an orca whale i got from the internet using UVW Map, but when i open the UV Editor the vertex(?) is all over the place, while what i saw from a youtube tutorial is shown nice and neat from the start (shown on the picture below). at first i tried to ignore that and use flatten mapping function and saves it. then i go to photoshop and edit it (2nd picture). but when i try to apply it to the 3d model i got, it's all in a chaos (i notice that i forgot to clear the lines of the UV map on photoshop. but you can see the white brush line i made is not where it should be). what can i do to fix this? Thnx 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bob.bernstein
in reply to: Anonymous

UVW mapping is not a simple subject.  I recommend you learn the techniques on a simple model.  There are many tutorials out there.  Once you learn how to map a box, move up to your orca.  

You can find free tuts on youtube, some here at AD, and payware help includes Lynda.com or Pluralsight.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bob.bernstein

alright! thank you for your reply 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report