Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during unwrapping

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
David462
171 Views, 0 Replies

Problem during unwrapping

Hi everyone,

I am in need of assistance. I have been trying to correct this problem for two days whilst trying to unwrap this stock. I am getting some weird distortion when trying to use quick planar. My initial thoughts were to try the regular planar projection and to change the axis orientation, which it does fix this issue to a degree, especially when aligning it to the x axis. However so, the problem does not end there as in order to fix further distortion in the UV I went ahead and used quick peel however it results in the same issue. One thing I noticed is the initial pivot is at a very odd angle when applying the UVW unwrap modifier and I can't seem to set it correctly or at least do not know how. I have trying resetting the xform, applying a normal modifier, also applying an edit normal modifier and resetting the normals and I have also tried manually aligning  the pivot but still to no avail. If anyone could provide some insight or even a relevant  fix in order to end my agonizing torture that would be great.  

help help help help help help help .jpg

Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report