Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!! 3DS MAX 2017, 2016, 2015 super slow and extremely laggy

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
591 Views, 0 Replies

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!! 3DS MAX 2017, 2016, 2015 super slow and extremely laggy

my specs:

intel 6700k

gtx 1070 strix OC edition

samsung 850 evo ssd 512gb

corsair dominator platinum 16gb ram ddr4

msi z170

(i know this is a gaming build but i mainly built it for 3d art which i cannot do what so ever)

3ds max is super laggy in viewport and rarely gets 30 fps, everything else is super slow aswell like selecting objects, edges, verts, etc. i have checked other forums but this seems to be a rare encounter. i have tried reinstalling the software, and reinstalling my graphics drivers but nothing seems to help.

also when rotating around an object is very slow, it only works when it wants to work otherwise it just freezes the whole software or just moves after 10 seconds

i am a student heading to college next year to study game art and animation but my main modeling software (3ds max) does not want to cooperate with my new computer. every other software i have tested like blender, maya, substance painter do not have this issue. this lag also doesnt change reguardless of the amount of polys in the scene, i can have 1 or 20mill and it will still lag the same.

please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated, especially that this problem will tear into my schooling.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report