Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particle with noise animation

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1097 Views, 8 Replies

Particle with noise animation

Hi Guys!

I made a cloud with this tutorial: http://www.cgrats.com/create-realistic-clouds-in-3ds-max.html

I added Noise modifier with animation to the shape object. But the clouds don't move with the object animation.

What should I do?

Thanks a lot!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Any reply?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

No one?
Message 4 of 9
BenBisares

I can't really take any educated guesses without seeing what is going on. Would it be possible for you to attach an archive of your scene? (Appplication menu > Save As > Archive)

Ben Bisares
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

Smiley HappyYou'll see what I need if you move the timeline slider  😉

Message 6 of 9
BenBisares

Thanks for the scene, definitely helped and I was able to see what you need to do to get what you want.

Basically you didn't have your "Position Object" operator set to "Lock on Emitter, Animated Shape". You need both to get the particles to "stick" over the course of the animation.

Lock on Emitter: To tell the particles to tell the particles that you want them to follow the emitter object

Animated Shape: is needed to tell the particles that the object is deformed by a modifier (noise in your case) and to check each frame to see if the shape has changed

Also you need to set the location to "Surface" since the "Animated shape" parameter looks at the surface of the object, not any changes in the interior volume.

I attached a screen and copy of the scene that I modifed.

Ben Bisares
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

It exactly did what you've promised 🙂

Thanks;)

Message 8 of 9
BenBisares

Just glad to be of help Flashbond.

Ben Bisares
Message 9 of 9
Bouaraour.Khaled

that so limited and silly, who want particles stick to the emitter to have the animation, i wish autodesk adjust this limitation 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report