Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie - Black holes(spots) while modeling

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
354 Views, 1 Reply

Newbie - Black holes(spots) while modeling

Not really expierenced with the program and I've encountered this so called "problem". Basically when I start modeling basic shapes and then render them i get this black opening that isn't there in the first place. I can't seem to figure why is this thing shown on my render window. When I  try to look around the shape I just cannot find it. Why is this occuring? (1- surface above) (2 - bottom) (3- rendered)1.JPG2.JPG3.jpg

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bob.bernstein
in reply to: Anonymous

If you just render an object ONLY, there is nothing for light to reflect on behind the object, so there is no light reaching the camera.  Thus...blackness.  If you want to see something  behind your object, you have to put something there.  You could build a box or just make a sphere with your object, lights and camera inside, make sure the normals of the sphere or box face the camera.  If you want to manipulate the object for animation, you can set backface cull on the sphere or box, so only the camera sees it, but you look right through it from outside.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report