Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling using shift and freeform tools

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
diego.sokota
157 Views, 0 Replies

Modeling using shift and freeform tools

Hi guys,

I mostly model hair, so a lot of rectangular planes (with an alpha texture) that, in order to avoid alpha glitches, I need to link/attach in a specific order, so in the end I have to work on a single object made of all these strands attached. My question: is there a way to use shift or relax/soften (freeform tools) on a specific strand without it modifying the other strands around (since they are all attached). I can't detach the strand I'm working on momentarily and than attach it again because it would mess up the link order. The only way I found is to select the strand, use "hide unselected", this way when only the strand I'm working on is visible I can use shift (but not relax) without modifying the other strands around. The problem with this method is that I can only see the strand I'm working on while all the others are hidden. I would like to see all the strands while I'm modifying stuff.

Also, is there a way to be in "vertex" selection and once I select the vertices I need, make the blue points disappear (like you do with f4 for show edges) so that I can work without millions blue dots in the viewport?

Thanks 🙂

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report