Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max 9 problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
305 Views, 5 Replies

max 9 problem

I am trying to create a chest of draws as soon as i deach them i don't see the holes here is the tutorial

http://www.mv.com/ipusers/hammond/turbosquid/drawers.htm

i have done with many time in max 7 and 8 and it works great but with max 9. I don't know what i am doing that is wrong. I want the units to be set to in metric meters and the system units set to centermeters

i want the lenth set 1.129m width set 1.354m and hight 0.55m.

i don't see what i am doing that is wrong. Sometimes max like to be difficult

Thanks
Anthony
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Tim_Wilbers
in reply to: Anonymous

When you Detach, make sure you are do not have Detach to Element or Detach As Clone checked in the Detach dialog.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

when i deatch as a an element i don't get the hole for the draws but the hole in the back of the box. . but when i deatch as a clone i get the holes for the draws and no hole in the back of the box?
Message 4 of 6
Steve_Curley

I just checked that video (which is correct btw) - make sure both checkboxes on the Detach dialog are unticked.

As for the scale, set both the system units and the display units (to the same values i.e. Metric and Meters) before you start modeling.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Lol i know to set the units to the same as my house (floor plan) and after i have finished model if your right it' would go to plan lol knowing my luck it won't

edit same problem

Thanks
Anthony

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

after 10 attempts and resets max is working now stupid and doing what i want it to do thanks

the only problem i had with this is that max grouped both the back of the draws and the draws to it-self. When i never grouped them together arrrr

Thanks
Anthony

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report