Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Planar Only has one Button option when working with Mesh?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
milanvidovic
385 Views, 3 Replies

Make Planar Only has one Button option when working with Mesh?

Why only the Make Planar button? No option for Planar orientation; X,Y, or Z. I'm currently working with a mesh. Highlighted in red.

MakePlanar.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobH2
in reply to: milanvidovic

Yep, that's the way it is for an Editable Mesh. Just right click on it and convert it to an Editable Poly and you'll have those controls and a lot more. I'm sure there are great reasons to use an Editable Mesh in some workflows, but I've never needed to. The only thing I use in Editable Mesh is to be able to use the 'Show Normals' feature. I wish that feature was in Editable Poly. Anyway, two modifiers that are very similar but do have some differences. 

Just convert it to Editable Poly and you'll be good to go. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4
bioclone_ax45
in reply to: RobH2

No Idea at all, but cannot you do the same using the "edit normals" modifier to one editable poly?

Message 4 of 4
RobH2
in reply to: bioclone_ax45

Sure, like anything in Max, there are multiple ways to achieve most things. That's the fun part. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report