Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft Compound Sub-object modes greyed out (Shape and Path commands don't work)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jorisceoen
871 Views, 1 Reply

Loft Compound Sub-object modes greyed out (Shape and Path commands don't work)

Unfortunatly, I'm working good on a loft object and had no problems with all the various settings. However, for some unknown reason all of a sudden the Sub-object shape and path commands from the Loft Compound object don't work any longer. I cannot align or set the Path Level as it's all disabled.

I tried everything to make it work, but somehow 3DS Max has decided that I cannot access these functions any longer. Can someone help me out?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jorisceoen
in reply to: jorisceoen

After digging a lot deeper on the internet, I found this as being the only article that highlighted the reason for the greyed-out buttons, and it seems that you are required to actually left-click wherever you've left the Path Level last time.

Ironically, this showed-up nowhere on my screen so I was forced to guess where it was and observe whenever my cursor changed. Luckily I did find it and now I can actually change the settings once more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report