Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to scan a file for a corrupt object and remove it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
737 Views, 1 Reply

Is there a way to scan a file for a corrupt object and remove it?

I have been struggling with a file that I have been working on in the Educational 3DS Max 2019, which over time has come up with the error writing to file, forcing me to figure out each time how to fix it so I could continue modeling. However, this time I am having much more trouble than I should and I haven't yet found which object is causing the trouble. So I was wondering if there was a way to scan a file for a corrupted object, in a similar fashion to how one would scan a computer for a corrupted file.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
irishman_team_kilber
in reply to: Anonymous

the only way i know is by merging the old scene into another fresh scene file but this can take sometime depends how many object you have in your scene, once you start merging the old scene file into a new one can you keep merging the object and it doeesnt crash then you keep merging until you find the one that is making the scene file crash then you don't merge that one. you would need to remodel it

once you have done this you delete the old one and save the new one as a new file name. i am not sure if there is a script out there that can auto detect broken objects

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report