Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible shape in loft when using editable spline as shape

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
555 Views, 1 Reply

Invisible shape in loft when using editable spline as shape

Hello!

I am currently using 3ds max 2018 and when I make a loft using 2 circles (for exemple), if the circle that will be used for the shape is converted to an editable spline, I will be unable to see it in the loft (although I can still select it).  Do you have any idea what could be causing this? (issue does not occur when using older versions of max.)  I've added screenshots of the correct behavior with an ''unconverted'' circle and the issue with an editable spline below.

Thanks!

Loft_Issue.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
miledrizk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

First i'm not using 2018 yet, but that might be still correct.

I guess it's kind of a bug,

A workaround for this is to choose the circle used as shape before converting it, and check the option in the Rendering rollout "Enable In Viewport",

Give it a small thickness or even 0 if you like, now convert it to editable spline and you will be able to see it on the lofted shape.

In my case i only get this problem when i add an Edit Spline modifier to the circle and not directly converting it. I also use the trick on the circle that i

described above,

And after i convert to Editable Spline(the circle with the Edit Spline) i uncheck the option "Enable In Viewport" because if i keep it, while thickness is 0, the

shape will not be Visible in the viewport

------------------------------------------------------
miledrizk@gmail.com
3DS Max 2021, V-Ray 5.2
3DS Max user since 2003 (3DS Max 7)
V-Ray user since 2008 (V-Ray 1.47)
My YouTube Channel http//www.youtube.com/c/MiledRizk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report