Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported model mapping scale issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ARMK
633 Views, 2 Replies

Imported model mapping scale issue

Hello

I have a problem with imported models. As I get "Exception occurs while importing" from Linking Revit to 3ds Max, I am forced to use "Link Fbx".

I made a small work to explain what problem I have.

I made 3 boxes, 2 of them were imported from revit (Left box - Collada / Middle - Link Fbx) and the other was made in max. Their dimensions are all the same (1200/800/600). Due to my "system unit setup" was already set, I didnt had to rescale my boxes to match them. Everything is fine till now but when I apply one material to all 3 boxes, the imported geometries materials are appearing larger than the "3ds max" box. Uv mapping is in the same settings for all 3 geometries.

How can I solve this problem, it is no only the material, when I apply some plug-in effects on it, I am facing the same problem. It is like the mapping of the imported files are scaled on a higher value and everything shows larger than it should be.

There is one more thing, as I told at the beginning, I get an error like, "Exception occurs while importing" when I link a revit file into max, how can I solve that? This error didn't appear when I used Revit 17 but it appears now with Revit 19. Did I miss anything while installing the program or is it a common issue? I searched a bit on the community but didnt found nothing else than a suggestion to use fbx instead.

Thank you for now.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leeminardi
in reply to: ARMK

Try unchecking Use-Real-World-Scale.

lee.minardi
Message 3 of 3
ARMK
in reply to: ARMK

It did not work, it gets in an undefined ratio and won't even show a bit of the map, it is just like a plain color.

But,

I didn't solve this but found another way to do it. I was using Revit 19 and Max 17, the "Link Revit" function doesnt work between these versions, at least not for me. I installed Revit 17 and now I can Link the revit file to max again with charm. The bad side was that I had to model the whole thing again but finally I can use the texture size as normal as it should be.

For further problems, if you get an error with "Link Revit" in 3ds max like "Error occurs while importing", probably the versions you are using are not compatible with each other.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report