Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off transform gizmo in the Unwrap UVW window

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
SpencerBoom
1050 Views, 2 Replies

How to turn off transform gizmo in the Unwrap UVW window

Hello! Recently upgraded from Max 2014 to Max 2018, and the inclusion of a transform gizmo in the Unwrap UVW window keeps tripping me up. When using freeform mode I'm continually accidentally grabbing the modifier, and then suddenly I'm constrained to an axis until I stop what I'm doing and click the center of the gizmo to get me back on track. 

Absolutely hate this, never felt the need for such a thing, do not know why Autodesk included it. Or included it without an obvious way to turn it off. 

The main UI has a way of turning off the gizmo in 3D view - ctrl-alt-x or something like that. But I can't find a comparable command for the gizmo in Unwrap UVW window. 

Please help! This is bogging down all my work. Any suggestions would be most welcome. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SpencerBoom
in reply to: SpencerBoom

Clarification: This appears to be an addition specifically to the freeform gizmo. They added x and y arrows to that gizmo. 

Can see perhaps some needing this, but I'm pretty comfortable holding down shift to constrain to horiz/vert, and these arrows are now, for me, crippling a pretty ingrained workflow. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
jibijib
in reply to: SpencerBoom

Did this ever get removed, or set as an option?

It appeared in 2017, and is still in 2018.

It's a pain, it serves no use - I've -never- uses the axis gizmo in to set the pivot for rotation, and everytime I select polys in 'transform mode' in the UVW Unwrap editor, I have to select the very centre point to avoid having it constrained to an axis.

I use shift to constrain it to one axis, I always have. The axis gizmo isn't needed.

Can you please set this as an option, it's a massive pain.

I think I opened this as a feature thing god knows when.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report