Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable select all subobjects by doubleclick in 3dsmax 2022 ?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
niklit.y
1342 Views, 10 Replies

How to disable select all subobjects by doubleclick in 3dsmax 2022 ?

I absolutely do not need this function and it interferes with the work. Maybe there is a checkbox for disabling it somewhere?

Labels (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
RobH2
in reply to: niklit.y

Can you describe what you are doing a little better? 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 11
niklit.y

In the mode of vertexes or polygons, I accidentally double-click and then all vertexes or polygons are completely selected and I have to cancel or remove the selection.

Message 4 of 11
RobH2

I understand now. Thanks for the better explanation. I could not find anywhere that you can disable that functionality. If it's in a user configurable file then hopefully someone else knows and can let you know. To be honest, I've been using Max for a long time and didn't even know you could double-click and select all verts. I've always just used 'Ctrl+A' and am used to that. So, I'm glad to know the double click option. 

If you are accidentally double clicking and selecting all the verts too often and its messing you up maybe you could mitigate the problem by going in to the mouse settings for Windows and adjusting your double click speed. That might be a good workaround so that you aren't sensing a double click accidentally too often. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
Message 5 of 11
niklit.y

Thanks for the reply.
In previous versions of 3dsmax, this was not an innovation since the 2020 or 2021 max.
I often get double clicks because I work with a Wacom pen in 3dsmax
I guess setting the double-click interval in Windows won't help, since waiting for this event happens on the 3dsmax side.
Maybe you can submit a review directly to the developers in Autodesk?

Message 6 of 11
RobH2

You are the 2nd person I’ve talked with recently that uses a Wacom with Max. I love my Wacom tablet, I have one that is also a monitor, but I hate it with Max. I’m amazed by you guys who use a Wacom with Max because I find it a horrible experince. Regardless, Wacom has some settings that will reduce your accidental “double clicks” as well. I doubt the Max developers will ever change the way Max works to make it more friendly to a Wacom tablet. If you use a Wacom to drive Max, you will be frustrated. Max is not meant for a Wacom. If you draw in Photoshop or Illustrator or Painter, Wacom is great. But in Max, it’s not the right tool. A mouse and possibly a 3dConnexion 3d device is the way to go. 

I believe your best solution is to figure out how not to accidentally make double clicks with your Wacom. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
niklit.y
in reply to: RobH2

Yes, I understand. I thought so 🙂 I love Wacom in 3dsmax because
the tablet is convenient for its speed of operations. You can select and move subobjects several times faster. And in addition, 3dsmax has basic sculpting tools, which are more pleasant to work with, just with a pen. And of course, the anatomical convenience of holding a pen and not a mouse, the hand does not get tired. There are also disadvantages, but they are not enough in relation to speed and convenience - this is a random shift of the entire model in the global space (you need to make sure that this does not happen). And now added, with the 2021 or 2020 max, double-click with the selection of subobjects 🙂
Ah, but I also use the mouse sometimes, and no one has canceled it either

Message 8 of 11
I_Megaman_i

I d love to disable "select all" by DC too, and get the previous function to select obstructed subobjects/objects.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: I_Megaman_i

@I_Megaman_i wrote:

I d love to disable "select all" by DC too, and get the previous function to select obstructed subobjects/objects.

You can do this by slowly double-clicking.

Message 10 of 11
I_Megaman_i
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks but not thanks, Id like to do do this fast

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: I_Megaman_i

@I_Megaman_i wrote:

Thanks but not thanks, Id like to do do this fast

Whatever.🙄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report