Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create circural shapes like gun triggers?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
847 Views, 5 Replies

How to create circural shapes like gun triggers?

So i have seirous problem with modeling any stuff that has circural shapes. I spend a lot of time cutting this stuff like a butcher and in the end it looks like a total mess and takes insane amount of time. Can somebody explain how normal people do stuff like this? Here is an examples of the shape i need. And that's how it looks after my surgeon activity.

Right now i do it like this:

1. Making a plane.

2. Cutting circle shape and deleting half that i don't need.

3. Turbosmoothing and seeing that it looks like a ****.

4. 100 swift loops.

5. Wtf is this i'm outta here.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
don_3259
in reply to: Anonymous

hi dear levdux75 please share a full picture of gun so i can see that properly , for making trigger use box with polygon editing method to get shape that will be better for this.

thanks

Autodesk Student Amassdor
Guest & Visiting Lecturer
Ali Sajjad
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: don_3259

Hello, Don. It's actually a sword in this case. Just looks kinda the same so i thought it would be easier to explain in the topic name as "gun trigger". Here's photo. I've made the handle and figured out how to creature texture for grip but blade and this thingy with a curve that connects blade and handle are completely mysterious to me. At least for the blade there are a bunch of weapon tutors on youtube but with a thingy i'm kinda lost. Would be awesome if you could explain how to do it. In context of a box i undertand how to do it through poly editing but this detail is much more complex than a box. There are 5 separate curving parts.

Message 4 of 6
don_3259

hi levdux i told you already box polygon modeling is best of all method i show you the model process if i get time to model that...thanks

Ali Sajjad
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi levdux95,

You can get the circular cutting easily by using boolean operations or Shape merge.

I'll show you a very handy tool Proboolean.

Try using this step as shown in the image below 

Rboo3.jpg

You can use this Proboolean < subtraction operation to remove a 3D solid from an intersecting solid.

Smoothness of the curvature can be defined by giving the required number of sides in the cylinder.

I'd recommend you to also try other options like union with imprint/Cookie , intersection and etc which will be very helpful while modelling.

Hope it'll be useful for you.

Thanks and regs, 

Saguj

Message 6 of 6
don_3259

send me file you have i can fix it for you ....thanks

Ali Sajjad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report