Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change rotation step?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
4615 Views, 10 Replies

How to change rotation step?

When I rotate anything, it rotates by 5. I want it to be by 1 and sometimes by decimals. How to change it?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

5 views of my topic and nobody knows? All just use default rotation by 5 degrees? 

How to rotate objects precisely?

Message 3 of 11
StephenMF

Maybe some people are too busy to answer.

Maybe this can help.

deactivate/activate angle snap.

Right click for options.

2017-05-30.png

More help in the help. http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2017/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-FC8ED3B1-C327-40AE-851A-C3EBD6158...

Enjoy.

Stephen

Message 4 of 11
bob.bernstein

wow.. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: bob.bernstein

Right Click on the Angel Snap Toggle, Set the Angle to 45 or 90 or as you wish to set the rotation. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: StephenMF

Is there similar thing for scaling? How to reduce sensitiveness of scaling?

Message 7 of 11
don_3259

hi dear friend click and hold on scale on you see 3 options choose which suits you best .

thanks

Autodesk Student Amassdor
Guest & Visiting Lecturer
Ali Sajjad
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: don_3259

hi, those options don't seem to fix the sensitiveness. I remember in very old 3ds max version 5 or 6 there was some key that allowed to move, rotate and scale slowly holding shift or ctrl or something like that.

Message 9 of 11
StephenMF

Try adjusting this setting.

2017-06-02.png

Also maybe try adjusting mouse sensitivity, sometimes it can be har to hit things with too high sensitivity.

Enjoy.

Stephen

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Tried. Actually rotation thing was resolved. Now it's about scaling sensitiveness.

Message 11 of 11
markus

Thanks for posting, I was looking for a way to get very fine control over rotation increments (the default 0,5 was too much in this case). However, when you change the increments down to a low value, the rotation gets very slow when you need to do higher angles (lots of mouse movement required). It would be nice if there is a modifier button you could press or while rotating to get finer increments without changing preferences. Does it exist already?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report