Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i get to the library in the material editor?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Obelisklaser
847 Views, 3 Replies

How do i get to the library in the material editor?

I'm new to 3dsmax 2017 and I looked everywhere i can't find the material library

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jtwographics
in reply to: Obelisklaser

Could you share a few more details of what you are trying to find?  Are you in the Slate Editor or Compacy (the old one with the grid of material slots at the top)?  Are you trying to load material libary files (.mat) from your network?

Message 3 of 4
Obelisklaser
in reply to: jtwographics

The library where i can store all my textures(more than 24) where i can go and bring materials in and out of the mini material editor

Message 4 of 4
jtwographics
in reply to: Obelisklaser

Go to the "Material/Map Browser"  This is docked at the left of the Slate Material Editor.  From the Compact Editor, its the "Get Material" button at the far left of the row of buttons just below the grid of shader spheres.

From the Map Browser you can right click in the empty space at the bottom, or click the downward triangle at the top left and choose "Create New Library"  Navigate to where you would like to store this file and name it.  This material library file (.mat) is version specific.  So if you make changes to the library and save from one Max version, you will not be able to open it in a previous version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report