Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you see edge selection on a 4k monitor?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
andreasoberg
229 Views, 1 Reply

How can you see edge selection on a 4k monitor?

Hiya everyone.

Is there as way to increase the thickness on wireframe or a selected edge?

Right now if I select an edge I get a 1 pixel wide red line on a dark background which is impossible to see.

I know you can change the vertex points so they are larger which is helpful but edges seems to not be possible.

Best wishes,wireframe.png

In this image I marked a few edges that are near impossible to see that they are selected.
Andreas

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: andreasoberg

When I first got my 4K monitors I had lots of frustration and visibility issues. I don't recall exactly all the various things I did to overcome it but I don't have many problems now so I know there are some settings that can help. 

But, two things I know I've done are some specific settings. I'm attaching my 4K settings. One is the Windows monitor 'Display Settings' and the other is from 3ds Max's launcher icon's 'Properties.' See if these setting help you. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report