Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edges error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jayantbhatt07
628 Views, 4 Replies

edges error

hi... whenever I applied turbosmooth on my mesh I'm getting some jaggy edges... when I removed it's clear... there are no overlapping edges....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Daf
Advisor
in reply to: jayantbhatt07

Hi,

Did you join 2 pieces or use symmetry? Looks like you may need to weld the verts along the edge the gizmo is on. Draw a selection around one of the  points and see how many vertices it shows - if more than one weld up that edge. Post back if that's not the issue. That should tighten it up with TS.

Daf

3DS Max 2020.3
i7-4790 @4GHz • 32GB • GTX 1080/8GB • Windows 7 Pro
Message 3 of 5
jayantbhatt07
in reply to: Daf

hi sorry for the late reply but that's not the issue..thanks for your reply 🙂

Message 4 of 5

I'm surprised, I'd have advised the same as daf.  One thing I'll say is there is usually a real fix, but SOMETIMES, and rarely, there isn't.  Once in a blue moon, I find the only way to fix problems like this (if my mesh is indeed TOTALLY correct, no unwelded verts, no ngons, etc.)  is to convert the object to Editable mesh, and then convert back to editable poly.  

Make a copy of your scene in case you wish to avoid collapsing your stack, which is unavoidable if you need this "reset".  If this doesn't help, then you know there REALLY is a flaw in your mesh.  

If you post the mesh, one of us will find it if you give up.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jayantbhatt07

I guest you have multiple duplicate vertexs,

you should use weld it..

please subscribe our channel youtube, and visit our website, there're a lot tutorials

check this one, its easy turbosmooth. goodluck !!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report