Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge is locked on an axis

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
774 Views, 2 Replies

Edge is locked on an axis

Using 2010. I'm trying to move an edge on the Z axis, but for some reason it refuses to go that way--nothing happens when I try dragging it down, and dragging it up causes it to go forward on the Y axis. This happened when I pressed something wrong on my keyboard I think, but I have no idea what. Resetting, restarting the program, etc doesn't work.

A few questions:

- How do I fix this?

- How did this even happen? When I google ways to lock vertices/edges/etc, people are saying it can't be done

Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blakestone
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you maybe hit "X" on your keyboard, which locks gizmo ? If so hitting "X" will enable to gizmo again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: blakestone

"X" only hides the Gizmo - it doesn't "lock" it or prevent you using the toolbar Axis Constraints 😉

A more likely suspect is the "Constraints" section at the top of the Edit Geometry rollout. Make sure it is set to "None".

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report