Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut tool not working

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
994 Views, 7 Replies

Cut tool not working

I am trying to cut an object by using another object on top to cut around. This worked the first time, not anymore. I do not know if I toggled anything by accident (like I always do).

If anyone can point in what I am doing wrong that would be nice.

https://i.gyazo.com/e78cf722c9c87e82025d9723b7ff3f62.mp4

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Fadhil_Farook
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you upload an FBX file of the scene? I can take a look at it for you mate.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Fadhil_Farook

I would gladly do so, any help is appreciated 🙂

Message 4 of 8
Fadhil_Farook

I am able to do it without any issues mate! Try cutting the line that you want in the Bottom View completely and then see if the lines appear after you're done cutting.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

There must be something I have toggled because this is still not working at all for me..

This is very frustrating because I remember mashing my keyboard once and then it suddenly worked but right after it stopped working again. 

I got the cut tool working before with no problem before this part of the model =/

Message 6 of 8
Fadhil_Farook

Does it work if you turn of SNAPS? Also, does Cut work on other objects?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I have tried turning off snaps, seems to work best if it was turned on either way. No strangely it does not. 

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

sigh, I am giving up. If anyone can still use the cut tool with my file, can you do me a favour of cutting the bottom along with the other object? I honestly have no idea what to do anymore.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report