Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted model or file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
493 Views, 3 Replies

Corrupted model or file

Hello,

I'm having trouble with my model that causes the program to slow and react with delay. I have created this model myself, so it wasn't anything like a corrupted model that I've imported.  I'm using 3ds Max 2019 on Windows 10 x64-bit. I have worked with much more complex and heavy models but somehow this model is I believe corrupted. I tried to export the model thinking maybe just the file is corrupted but couldn't solve my issue. It keeps slowing even in the easiest actions. I have trouble navigating, selecting and so on. I can't understand the cause of the problem. It also started to duplicate some elements while attaching at some point, can't understand where did I do wrong. Can someone please help me? 

I can share my file or logs, whatever is needed. I want to learn about this problem so I don't do it again.

I'm a bit new to modeling so any ideas would be great, appreciate it so much.

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ads_czechoj
in reply to: Anonymous

You can check the model by applying the STL Check modifier. Select the checkbox for the Check option and use different options on the Parameters/Error panel.

I can see many errors related to open edges. This could create some problems when you are using Normal maps or displacement maps. Another reason of slow performance could be related to texture files If there are "live" connected to any editing software.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: ads_czechoj

Thank you so much for your response. It could be both perhaps. I was indeed working with textures simultaneously. I didn't know those edges could be a problem. I would make sure to weld those open edges.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

By the way update on the issue;

I have discovered that trying to attach instance objects is a part of my duplicating problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report