Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex shape

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
GGPS90
824 Views, 8 Replies

Complex shape

Hi, anyone knows how i should proceed to model this? I know how to use turbosmooth, but I cant get the shape required when trying to extrude the 4 small cylinder on the slope of the big middle one. Any tips on how to do it? Thanks.

shape.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ekahennequet
in reply to: GGPS90

Can you post a screen grab of what you have so far with edges visible? It will be easier to give you pointers on what you have.

Message 3 of 9
GGPS90
in reply to: ekahennequet

I dont know if thats the right way to do it. And then connect the edges and make the shapes on the four sides? Seems kinda an impossible thing to do.

trial.jpg

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Hi,

I've quickly modelled the image you uploaded. Are these the sort of results you were looking for? I've attached an image showing it turbosmooted and a wire frame. Again its not perfect but will hopefully give you an idea. 

Message 5 of 9
GGPS90
in reply to: Anonymous

That looks perfect, how did you do it. Sry i cant tell by the image. What i did for the middle, was chamfer a vertex to get the octagon, did you do the same for the 4 small one? Please post a screen shot a few steps backward. Thanks

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Here are some steps from a top view of how I managed to get the basic shape. Once youve done these steps you should be able to get the slope by moving verts around etc.

Hope it helps 🙂

Message 7 of 9
GGPS90

I did it, I have never used geopoly before. Thank you for your time Richard. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

No worries, glad to help. Can you give me Kudos? 🙂
Message 9 of 9
ekahennequet

Very nice, Richard. Kudos for you! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report