Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completing the corners of this shape

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
majedomaralfaraj
338 Views, 3 Replies

Completing the corners of this shape

Hello everyone,

i'm trying to make a ceiling using the 2D sectional view. i've drawn a line to the shape of the section however i can't complete the corners of the shape to give me a rectangle ceiling with the design i'm going for. is there a way to make this happen? any help would be appreciated. i've attached a screenshot.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The size of the shape are too big or the size of the ceiling are too small.

Try with another shapes size.

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Richard, this is a test model. i'm trying to figure out if a i can make the ceiling model whole from a 2D sectional view. this method only achieved an extrusion of the sectional view. now i'm trying to make the corners of the ceiling to make a rectangular ceiling while maintaining the gypsum design through the corners. i was wondering if there's a function in the modifier stack like "symmetry" that would make what i want possible. i'm not sure if the size of the shape is the problem.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4
CAMedeck
in reply to: majedomaralfaraj

This can be done very easily.  Your lines are currently a full cross-section through your ceiling, with the light cove in the middle.  What you'll want to do is make a cross section of just the cove and lower ceiling, leaving the ends open and not creating a closed shape.  Then use the Bevel Profile modifier on a rectangle and use that cross section shape.  This modifier works a lot like Sweep, but it can fill in open edges in the middle.  

If you still need some help with this, I can try to do a Screencast to demonstrate.  But try playing around with Bevel Profile first.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report