Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloth Modifier Problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BatMunchy
308 Views, 1 Reply

Cloth Modifier Problem

when I use the cloth modifier it doesn't work probably with me, always there is something wrong mainly in positions, I feel like it didn't read the colliding object true scale and dimensions or whatever, I don't know but I searched for a solution and I didn't actually find someone with my problem so I thought about posting it here , maybe someone can help me.

here is some screenshots of the process

thanks in advance 

Screenshot (18).png

Screenshot (19).png

Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (24).png

Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (26).png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: BatMunchy

Try playing with the 'Offset' parameter of the 'Collision Object' for your stationary object. It defines the invisible space around that object. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report