Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean up mesh

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
769 Views, 2 Replies

Clean up mesh

hello everyone

Is there an easy ways to clean up a mesh so that its easy to skin ? i am working with the imvu default mesh.  someone told i have to remake my own body then redo the uvw map to match.  Unfortunely i dont have the skills to do that currently.

My end goal is to increase the polly count so that my clothing look smooth and still be able to skin it easily.  mesh smooth just causes more problems.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blakestone
in reply to: Anonymous

What is your definition of "clean up mesh"... a mesh does not have to be in a particular state in order to skin it, however if/when you reposition your bones the object does not deform correctly then you may need to adjust the that section of the mesh or adjust the bone assignments and/or weight values etc.

Example: I could rig 15 teapots to a hand and animate it to rock the devil horns... it really doesn't matter if the mesh is "clean". I suggest rigging your model as is and tweak the areas which are not deforming correctly, if you're still having issues then post it and we'll see how we can help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
Stefan_L
in reply to: blakestone

I like the finger nails 🙂
--
Stefan

i7-2600 @ 3,4GHz, 32GB Ram,
512+128GB SSDs + 2x500GB HD
GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB + GTX 980 4GB
latest Driver (almost always)
Win7ProX64 SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report