Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant deselect move tool

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
2610 Views, 28 Replies

Cant deselect move tool

Hello,

My dad is working on 3DS Max and he selected the move tool, but he wants to create a new layer and he cant deselect the move tool. Any help would be great. 

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What can be moved and how??

Message 22 of 29
sam_large

@Anonymous can you explain how you're opening this window? I can't seem to get it to come up from the MassFX dialogue that you have open.

What is it exactly that you are trying to create? Are you sure this is the best tool?

It also looks like you're using an older version of 3DS Max, have you tried updating to a newer version?

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: sam_large

I feel like Dylan is trolling here. His posts cover needing help with a tool that nobody (even google) can find, to he and his dad wanting to sue, to asking if someone can create an ant colony, to getting angry that the admins might see all his posts as spam. If its not a troll, then someone needs to lay off the caffeine.

Just my thoughts.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous

Why you gotta be so mean to me. i drink 8 cups of coffee a day, but that tool is real. Have you not seen??????????????????

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous

You just open up the MassFX dialogue tab. Yes it is the best

Message 26 of 29
sam_large

The only thing I can find in there that looks similar is the "Validate Scene" dialogue. Cajoint is not there. Everything there works fine for me.

Unless you can describe exactly what you're doing when a crash happens then we can't help.

I'm afraid at this point I'm going to have to side with Pyro unless you can be much clearer.

Not Cajoint.Not Cajoint.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous

Fine. Im sorry you guys cant find it. Its right there!!!!!! Its whatever.

All i wanted was a ant colony

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 28 of 29
Discussion_Admin

@Anonymous wrote:

Fine. Im sorry you guys cant find it. Its right there!!!!!! Its whatever.

All i wanted was a ant colony

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

@Anonymous

I suggest you first Download Screencast then use it to "capture" what the users here are asking for. they need this info to help you. Fairly easy to use tool even captures key strokes for you. If you need any help there is a Screencast forum for help with the tool.

Then when you reply with the Screencast also post what product you are using and whet version this to will help you get assistance from the group.

Also the ground rules are listed here

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 29 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Discussion_Admin

I have captured what they are looking for. I dont understand "Fairly easy to use tool even captures key strokes for you"?? I am not at work rn so i do not have the program. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report