Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant deselect move tool

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
2604 Views, 28 Replies

Cant deselect move tool

Hello,

My dad is working on 3DS Max and he selected the move tool, but he wants to create a new layer and he cant deselect the move tool. Any help would be great. 

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
laurent_gibert
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

The move tool is not something you select but more an "interaction mode". If you don't want to be in move mode, then you can click the selection mode for example.

I don't get the problem with adding a layer, even in move mode, you should be able to create a layer. Can you elaborate a little more on what are the steps you're doing?

Thanks,

Laurent

Laurent Gibert

Product Manager, 3ds Max
Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: laurent_gibert

We figured it out. What about the cajoint tool??  Also do you wear gucci??

Message 4 of 29
sam_large

Dylan I've seen you post in multiple places about this "cajoint" tool but I don't quite understand what you're talking about? Can you post a screen grab of the tool you're referring to?

As for tutorials, you could check out the 3DS Max Learning channel on youtube for general tips or Arrimus 3D on youtube for modelling videos.

As for your dad losing his progress, try going to C:\Users\[user]\Documents\3dsMax\autoback and see if there is an autosave of his file there.

Lastly, if you have a problem it's probably best to post the question in one singular location for people to fix.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: sam_large

Can you wait for tomorrow for the cajoint tool?? im not at work. And i did. nothing.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 6 of 29
sam_large

I can indeed wait, though I'm still not sure what tool you're referring to.

As for the autobackup file, I'm not sure if you're aware but it won't have the same file name as your original file, it will be called AutoBackup_## (with the # being a number).

I apologize if I came across as trying to tell you what to do, just the moderators might start removing some of your posts as spam if they are in threads that aren't relevant.

Hope you get your problem solved.

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous

You gucci. Why would they take my post down. SMH Here is the cajoint tool. It is found within this dialog

Peace. Give a kudo if you cool!!!

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous

Can you make me an animated ant colony??????????????????????????? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Message 9 of 29
sam_large

@Anonymous Your post could get taken down or moved as some people might see it as spam posting or irrelevant to the thread topic.

I'm afraid I still can't see which tool you're referring to as you haven't highlighted anything in your screenshot. You're also posting a screen shot from Autodesk Maya, not 3DS Max so I can't help you as I don't know that program. The people in these forums might be able to help you better:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-forum/bd-p/area-b201

For future use, it seems Maya doesn't have autobackup turned on by default. You can find out how to from this post here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-forum/where-maya-2010-saves-the-autobackup-files/td-p/4140743

As a guide to forum etiquette, it's best to post your question in one place and keep your replies to one post rather than creating a post for each individual sentence.

I hope you'll be able to find the assistance you need to learn to model, rig and animate your ant colony.

Message 10 of 29
Anonymous

Im not spaming. And i would love to high light but the cajoint tool doesnt work. Heres where it is found Image result for tool in 3ds max

Can you make me a ant colony???

Message 11 of 29
sam_large

It's not up to me to debate whether or not you are spamming but some users might feel that way.

If you want to highlight the tool you need, try using the windows "snipping tool". It lets you take a screenshot that you can then draw over.

Are you trying to use a tool in 3DS Max or Maya?

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous

I hope people dont feel that way Smiley Sad And oh okay thanks. I will def. have to try that. Give me a second. 

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous

And also the progress on my ant colony (which im so sad and cried about) was on 3DS Max. But the cajoint tool is on a lot of different programs. Including 3DS Max and Maya. Autodesk has not paid a lot of attention to that tool

Message 14 of 29
sam_large

I still can't seem to find any mention of the Cajoint tool from googling. Are you sure you're spelling it correctly?

Once you post a screenshot of the exact tool you're trying to use then we might be able to make some progress 🙂

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous

Yes i am sure. Here. Does this hellp??? i really need help

Image result for cajoint tool

Message 16 of 29
sam_large

Hi Dylan, that's not too helpful I'm afraid. Can you post a screenshot of the tool in 3DS Max?

Otherwise perhaps you can watch some youtube videos on Rigging in 3DS Max.

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous

Yes. Unfortunately im not at my computer right now. But as soon as i am i will take a screen shot. I tried youtube. I need help

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous

Here you go. I circled it. It is in blue. Can you see??? I really need help. I need this tool for my job too and I'm scared I'm going to get fired. Thanks

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous

I need help

Message 20 of 29
Anonymous

Yes, it can be move.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report