Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprints Not Lining Up Correctly [Picture Inside]

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
967 Views, 4 Replies

Blueprints Not Lining Up Correctly [Picture Inside]

This is the first time I have had this much trouble with blueprints. I downloaded the blueprints for a Cobra Helicopter, and the side and front blueprints are not lining up correctly at all. I am not sure if this may be an issue with the actual blueprints themselves, or something I may be doing incorrectly. Below illustrates the problem, the green and red lines show areas where the front and side blueprints do not line up at all. Here are the blueprints I am using, I cropped both the front and side blueprints from the top and bottom most point. http://www.the-blueprints.com/blueprints/modernplanes/bell/26473/view/bell_ah_1w_supercobra/

Here are shots showing the plane dimensions and the dimensions of the actual file to show they are set up correctly.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blakestone
in reply to: Anonymous

Rather than messing around with using uvw-mapping and/or offsets in the material editor to try and align this up. I would simply correct this in an application like photoshop and then you do not need to touch 3dsmax. I have attached an example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Blakestone, thank you for your response I appreciate it. Besides the grid ruler what other tools did you use to accomplish this? I am new to photoshop, my apologies.
Message 4 of 5
blakestone

Assuming you have Adobe Photoshop open...

1. Select the Move Tool = (V)

2. Select the Layer you wish to manipulate = in my example its Layer 2

3. Tick the box at the top = Show Transform Controls
- you will see 8 small cubes around the edges of your image

4. Drag the edges to scale your Layer 2 to the size you are after

Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report