Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginner - Matching two models

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jinmarston
433 Views, 2 Replies

Beginner - Matching two models

Hi everyone,

I have a question, maybe a really dumb one but here's what I'd like to do.I have two heads models and I'd like to match those two models' faces as accurately as possible. So is it possible?  After aligning the two models can I use one as an "hard" reference to easily edit my second model's poly.

Edit : It's for personal use of course.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jinmarston

If you just want a simple copy of the head then what you could do is select the head that you want to copy and hold shift and drag in any direction. Otherwise, if you wanted to use one model as a reference for the other what you could do is align them on the same view and use the wireframe mode to align the vertices in the same places. You would need to do that for all of the viewports; top, front, & left. It would be easiest to do this if you made sure the pivot point for each of the objects are in the center and aligning them at 0 on the same axis that way the models will intersect. Make sure that the model you are using as reference is frozen when editing your head so that you don't accidently change something. Other than that, I don't know a way myself that you could do what you want to do.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jinmarston

Hi,

You can copy the object. Hold shift and drag away. No matter what axis you drag out from, it copies.

So in this case you can copy the edited object with the original face. now you will have two exact same objects.[heads]

I think you can use symmetry or mirror modifier. but I cant guarantee. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report