Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC window disappears

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
542 Views, 1 Reply

AEC window disappears

Hi everyone,

I put some AEC Wall on my scene and then put windows in it. Converted window to Editable Poly to assign material to glass and frame, and when I'm changing glass material properties (diffuse or something) the windows just disappears it looks like it was covered by the wall, I can see only the outer frame of the window because it is deeper then wall.

Thanks,

Marcin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

You do not need to convert an AEC Window to Editable Poly in order to apply materials. Create your window, open the Slate Material Editor, Load Library "AECTemplates.mat". Drag the Window-Template material into the workspace and you will see that it is already set up ready for you to modify appropriately. Simply apply the provided Multi-SubObject material to your window.
Note - if you close Max and you get a prompt regarding saving your modified library - say No otherwise you'll overwrite the templates library. If you want to keep what you've done then create a new library to save it in.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report