Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEC wall keyboard entry not working.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
brand_maccus
400 Views, 4 Replies

AEC wall keyboard entry not working.

When I attempt to use Keyboard Entry to create an AEC Wall the Close, and Finish buttons just cause the program to beep at me. An Object is created and visible in Scene Explorer, but there isn't anything visible in the Viewport besides the Object's Gizmo. I'm using the steps described in the documentation as closely as possible. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobH2
in reply to: brand_maccus

What version of Max are you using?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
brand_maccus
in reply to: RobH2

I'm using 2024 at the moment. I have built a rudimentary room in 2023 as well, but I don't believe that I had ever tried keyboard entry in that version. I still have both versions installed. I just want to create rooms with exact dimensions.

Message 4 of 5
ads_czechoj
in reply to: brand_maccus

Thank you Brand for reporting this issue. I can still create a wall with the keyboard entry but only when adding a "Z" axis and multiple points. This doesn't look as the same workflow from 2021 where Z was greyed-out on 0.
Regardless of a potential bug, you need to enter at least two points to create one panel.

Message 5 of 5
brand_maccus
in reply to: ads_czechoj

Thank you. I suppose that I can get exact dimensions for my layout using the Transform, but it's definitely a bit more complicated. I never thought to adjust the Z, as I wanted my walls to start at the floor line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report