Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute Transform has Gone Haywire

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
452 Views, 2 Replies

Absolute Transform has Gone Haywire

I am trying to perform what should be a simple operation. I have a collection of groups which I applied a symmetry modifier to and I am trying to position the mirrored half in the proper position.  I can move it with the 3D arrow tool but I can't move it precisely enough to get the X axis exactly at 0.  So I try to use the Absolute transform type in. 

So I type "0" in the x box of absolute and press enter.  It does not set the value to 0, instead it increases the current value in the box. Next I tried pressing the down arrow next to the box to lower the value to 0.   Well pressing the down arrow increases the value, and pressing the up arrow decreases it. When it gets to .002 pressing it again skips over 0 to -.002

So i cant enter 0 manually and I can't use the arrow to get to 0.  How on earth am I supposed to position the X axis at 0?

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leeminardi
in reply to: Anonymous

Try deleting the symmetry modifier and then moving the pivot point of the group to the point of symmetry using vertex snap and then apply the symmetry modifier.

lee.minardi
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: leeminardi

I think it worked. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report