Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about Chamfers...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bioclone_ax45
310 Views, 2 Replies

A question about Chamfers...

Hello! I just wanted to ask if somebody could provide a simple way to do this that doesnt requiere later tweeking...

I got this simple figure and I wanted to give a chamfer to it, but my objective is that the chamber will keep the lines paralel to the original ones...  as you can see it gets deformed.. I could later fix them by hand but would be time consuming and also the rounded edges doesnt get good enough if I do it like can be seen on the picture...

Any tip? I already tried different aproaches and the best I can see would be using something like inset on the faces and later resize the outer vertices to "round the edges on a simetrical way" but still seems dumb to go this way.

chamfer.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ads_czechoj
in reply to: bioclone_ax45

Few things you can do here:

1. Use the Chamfer modifier instead the chamfer in the Editable Poly. It has more tools.

2. Switch from a quad to standard (to see a difference)

3. In the modifier use the Quad Intersection option (checkbox)

(Heads-up: 2020.1_Update is just around the corner). You may expect to see few changes in the Chamfer modifier soon.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bioclone_ax45

You need to use the new 2020 chamfer modifier. Sadly older versions of that modifier or the chamfer inside edit poly will create those problems. But the new chamfer is free of those problems

image.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report