Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Ds Max - help with aligning/matching angles of objects needed?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
941 Views, 2 Replies

3Ds Max - help with aligning/matching angles of objects needed?

Hi guys!

Here's the screenshot. In the left down viewport from top - section, you can see the problem I have. 

Basically, I need to align the angles of walls to match lines of the floor as you can see. 

How can I do that?

In the AutoCAD Architecture is much more simple. I can't find solution here to do that, I ve tried google research, but It just won't do it. 

Here's the link for screenshot. 

https://prnt.sc/pa4flo

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leeminardi
in reply to: Anonymous

Select the wall and then the vertex sub-element.  With the coordinate system set to World adjust the values (with Move active) so that adjacent vertices of a wall segment have the same x or y coordinate and that the value is a multiple of the grid size.

In the future you may want to consider snapping screen picks to the grid when creating walls.

lee.minardi
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: leeminardi

Thank you. 

I understand, well... It did help to a certain point to edit by subobject - vertex, but it still did not align perfectly. Maybe hence the reason I did that in Autocad Archi, and then moved to 3Ds max, but still... it should have worked. I basically checked everything from the dimensions of the 2 objects (one wall and floor) to vertices, and nope. So I've deleted everything and now I'm trying doing the creating by snapping on grid points. 

However, I've tried to draw objects on the existing floor and none of the snap settings helped me to do draw on the corner of the edge of the floor. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report