Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Asset Library: Helpers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
317 Views, 2 Replies

3DS Asset Library: Helpers

Hello Community,

Started using 3DS Max a few weeks ago and loving it! Finding the forum a very helpful place to solve my issues! I have hit a small bump in the road of my path of learning. Downloaded the Autodesk 3DS Max Asset Library, which is helping heaps... I have an asset and under the file summary it says that it has helpers. Bringing in the Max file into the UI it mentions something like "particle view 001" would you like to merge, delete ect.

The problem is I am unable to find where these helpers are and delete them! Would prefer to have zero helpers.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Wyattfox

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blakestone
in reply to: Anonymous

This is something which has been around for a while and can not remember the origin of the cause - possibly linked to a plugin that has been used when the artist created the models. Either way the fix is to simply select all the objects in your scene you wish to keep and select SAVE AS > SAVE SELECTED. This will create a new 3dsMax file with only what you had selected, excluding the particles and anything else you didn't want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: blakestone

Thanks Blakestone for the reply! Will have to do some more investigating and see what is causing this!

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report