Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verb/Noun - Noun/Verb Selection

Verb/Noun - Noun/Verb Selection

Okay, I've been using AutoCAD for far too long.

Can we have Verb/Noun & Noun/Verb selection.

Noun/Verb selection = select items then chose what you're going to do with them.

Verb/Noun selection = chose what you're going to do and then select what you're going to do it upon

Both should be available

4 Comments
Swordslayer
Advisor

Could you give a few examples? Would it be more suitable for the global search, or script listener? How is the first case different from selecting stuff and running a command? How does it compare to some of the frequent used script commands?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Swordslayer I don't have any experience of Max Script

"How is the first case different from selecting stuff and running a command?" It isn't different. In AutoCAD this is known as Noun/Verb, but it could be called anything.

Verb/Noun is the other way around - select the command and then select the stuff.

Swordslayer
Advisor
Okay, so I would say it's already there (both, actually, you can also use pickObject to get new selection after running a piece of script), just not really approachable to the newcomers. Would you say that the macrorecorder output is useful for you or that it feels rather confusing?
electrotoast_old
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Unfortunately, this is not a typical workflow for 3ds Max. Not saying this would never happen, but given the potential scope of dev, qa, and design that this would require would be larger than we would have time for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report