Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple math operations in every spinner field.

Simple math operations in every spinner field.

I'd really love to be able to type simple math operations in spinner fields. Like +2 or /6 or *5+9/3.
Black Magic Fusion has this and its so useful.
Yes I know the Ctrl+n calculator. I'd like to have this directly inside of the spinners it would save me tons of time.

Btw. the Ctrl+n does not accept "," as digit separator which is a PITA when you're in a county where this is standard and used to use this.
You can't even copy the value in the spinner since there is always a "," in it.

9 Comments
electrotoast_old
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

I believe you can do the / function, but we'll look at making it more robust in the future.

Ihno
Collaborator

You're right / works. Didn't know that.
Please consider adding plus, minus and probably most important multiply at least.
I guess this can't be very difficult, when divide already works.
And it would be so useful for everyone. No more hitting windows key and typing calc all the time.
And make it work when scene units are being used. Which divide doesn't do currently.

kulaginb
Enthusiast

For me big secret why in max I can divide (/) , inc/decrement (R, R-) but can't + , -, * . Also will be good have main maths like sqrt, sin etc. 

mbreidt
Advocate

Also, the Ctrl-N  dialog should open with the current value of the spinner

gandhics
Advocate

if you type "r2", that's +2.

if you type "r-2", that's -2.

brentscannell
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Just to give you guys an update, the devs have taken a preliminary look at this and the results look promising, we'll be taking a deeper dive shortly!

Ihno
Collaborator

I'm very excited to hear that!

JohnnyRandom
Advocate

I was surprised to see this as a new item, it has been requested for years. Glad to see something happening.

As @mbreidt Martin mentioned it drives me a little nuts that the current value isn't included within the CRTL+N expression dialog, IMHO that is just expected behaviour.

sinushawa
Participant

If this is still under review, it would be nice to have the caddy controls field not forgotten as actually CTRL+N does not work for those.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report