Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show spline vertices on top of geometry

Show spline vertices on top of geometry

Would it be neat to be able to see the vertices of a spline object when you have enabled geometry ("Enable In Viewport")? The really nice version of this would have the option to occlude (hide) vertices from "back face" - I know this isn't exactly easy given the ambiguous nature of splines and geo, but would be nice none the less.

benjamin4MQAH_0-1667549854153.png

3 Comments
dswahn
Advocate

And why not show the spline curve on top as well? There are many times where I want to refine a spline with geometry, but the geometry can sometimes make it hard to see where you put your new knot. Having a viewmode like in the image below would be very convenient.

3dsmax_p6UyrnIU8F.png

benjamin4MQAH
Advocate

I totally agree.

In another idea post someone suggested having variable radius on each knot (like a Loft with a circle shape) and I think that could be useful as well. 

dswahn
Advocate

I actually manage to make an actual working maxscript that creates this visual feedback in the viewport using a RedrawViewsCallback function. It only displays the current selected spline object when in modify mode, but perhaps my example is a proof-of-concept that this feature is definitely doable. All I have shown this to tells me that this visual feedback need to be a native feature of 3ds max. It's just intuitive.

3dsmax_2022-12-07_21-02-34.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report