Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scene Node Editor

Scene Node Editor

Max needs an unify Node Editor where we can see, connect and edit everything. In this node editor we should be able to edit materials, particles, objects with their modifiers and controllers, hierarchy, constrains, ik, wires, expressions, environment variables...

Everything edited in a node view (see zookeeper, get some inspiration from Houdini and Modo).

20 Comments
kthalas
Explorer

We need something like this. The Schematic View of 3ds Max as a relationship editor is a really bad experience, not useful at all, I never seen someone using it. At least check that! Please! Make 3ds Max Great again.

theAndreas
Enthusiast

Yes, this is the way forward! 

Also, the new Data channel modifier should be included in this editor! That modifier would benefit alot from being part of a node based environment.

Come on people, vote for this!

/Andreas

lorddavius
Advocate
This is the next logical step 🙂
Xerges
Advocate

then this would be the next step:

Editable Poly Actions/tools as individual modifiers

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

vardanhn
Enthusiast

turn 3ds max schemetic view into node editer

ar2sun3d
Enthusiast

with for each one we have separate windows so just imagine if we could yous mcg system with pf or material editor, basically something like houdini vex or ZooKeeper.

Tags (4)
ar2sun3d
Enthusiast

also bifrast windows should be combine with mcg and pf with nod base windows

Xerges
Advocate
michael_spaw
Autodesk

Are you wanting a scene node editor? Are you asking for the same as this idea?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/scene-node-editor/idi-p/6782850

Thanks

Michael Spaw

3ds Max, Product Owner/Designer

Media and Entertainment Division

ar2sun3d
Enthusiast

frank talk why new UI for Bifrost is to simple that if AD wanted put node base why they have to Overtime work for new UI (Bifrost) ? so they could show just a video for Bifrost then say its for future consideration update we working for nod base system and one workflow for all stuff

!! honestly i like AD and i have respect for them and their work to much but sometimes i can not understand them.

electrotoast_old
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Xerges
Advocate
Blender is adding a node editor with support for the modifiers, it opens up huge possibilities in animation, procedural modeling, scene management, rigging...
lorddavius
Advocate

This needs to move up the priority list ASAP 🙂

bigonethegod
Enthusiast

Please!!

joescarr
Contributor

This is STILL very valid and desired!

Is it possible to create a node system in 3ds max in which you can control different parameters of objects and modifiers? Something like the way it is now in the material editor or max graphs. There is a similar thing in Maya or Houdini. The blender is also developing a similar system. On the other hand, the modeling process itself should work without nodes, because in the same Houdini the main emphasis is on this procedural modeling and picking 10 parameters in each node spending all the time or most of it is also not very convenient. In the same May, the node system was made conveniently, I might have moved there, but there I personally do not like working with uv scan in 3ds max, it is more convenient and the metric does not work normally there. This is also better in 3ds max.

info
Enthusiast

Bleder got geometry nodes. Max got nothing.

JadBox
Contributor

this is very needed, please start with a universal node editor it don't have to be perfect from the beginning just start with something like the modifier stack make the ability to use modifiers in a node editor (data channel modifier can be a start for this transition, or maybe it will become nodes in this new editor), then later on you can add more stuff to this editor like blender's geometry nodes it started much simpler than today!  

sebastian___
Advocate

I believe 3ds max already has most of the things needed to make this happen. It has the wire system, where you can not only connect most parameters with each other, including geometry with materials and so on - but you can also use operators and "math nodes" in the form of scripting so you can decide how the connecting should take place. It also has MCG and so on. 

The problem is right now Schematic View or MCG are not very user friendly, and the Wire system is even less. 

The more user friendly a tool is, the more users will use that tool and then they will share tutorials and ideas and "presets", and so on. 

I believe this project in Blender would not have been made if geometry nodes were hard to use or inefficient.

"Procedural Abandoned House with Geometry Nodes"dae4b39e1dcdb86cc4d9b8c10792aec65bfca8e4_2_1035x582.jpgc75f85861ddb9c5a03d9e65245f86b669922a651_2_1035x582.jpg 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report