Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to optimize the functionality and interactive experience of 3ds Max

Request to optimize the functionality and interactive experience of 3ds Max

I suggest not adding new features in the next version of 3ds Max for now. Optimize existing tools, UI, and interaction methods before adding new features.

1: The software starts slowly and many existing functions are bulky. Can you use NURBS, mesh smoothing, and other functions as plugins without loading them by default? If you really like these functions, you can load them yourself;

2: Can the UVReactor plugin be purchased and built into 3ds Max, which would be much easier to use than the UVW modifier;

3: The UV editor window, VFB window, etc. can be docked on the main interface;

4: Can Alt+MMB default to perspective view rotation? Every time using Alt+MMB from the front, back, top, bottom, left, and right perspectives, it will enter the orthographic view and need to switch to perspective view again. The utilization rate of perspective view is much higher than that of orthographic view.

5: It is recommended to put the statistical data of splines and polygons together for easy observation, and the function of splines needs to be further strengthened. You can refer to Blender's spline function;

6: Can I add this spline function? Name 'Mesh Surface';

7: Add a pie menu with built-in plugins, referring to Octopus and Pie menu Editor;

8: In the curve editor, you can zoom the view by scrolling MMB instead of Alt+Z;

9: The carrying capacity of the 3ds Max face count is great, and adding engraving function would be perfect!

3:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPBinJtMAuU&t=20s

5:

q1.png

6:Mesh Surface | ScriptSpot

meshsurface.gif

4 Comments
aksmfakt132
Advocate

I am terribly opposed to idea #4.
But I'm using a different script. There is a script that switches from the current screen to the closest plan view. This is much more useful and convenient.

dmitriy.shpilevoy
Collaborator

Everyone has their favorite packing plugin. I would prefer uvpackmaster instead of current rudimentary solution, but would settle for simpler thing as long as autodesk start doing regular QOL patches, not only bugfixes.

Explorer

123.jpg

@aksmfakt132 Maybe we can solve it this way

shawnolson
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

While we always love tons of ideas, it's hard for us to digest and implement ideas that are so sweeping and wide. For the purposes of helping us digest bite-size feature improvements, it helps us if you separate features into smaller chunks. I'm archiving this idea and hopeful you can break this into smaller targeted ideas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report