Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make object name in Draw On: Surface easier to read (like it was in 2014)

Make object name in Draw On: Surface easier to read (like it was in 2014)

When you add an object name to the Draw On: Surface field, if the object name is too long, you can't read it. In Max 2014 it wasn't a problem because the name was added to the menu that appears when you hover over it. Having just upgraded to 2018, I see this handy label is gone, and in this case it's making it hard to distinguish between several objects that share the first parts of their names:

2017-08-03_1320 

2 Comments
electrotoast_old
Community Manager

This seems to be a regression. I can get the name of the object to show up in 2018, but it's still cut off. We'll archive this as a new feature, but will look into addressing this in a possible future Update.

Also, this only seems to work the first time. Other times I re-launch Max it doesn't work unless I delete the Ribbon config files from the UI folders here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2018 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\UI (look for any files with ".ribbonconfig" in their name and delete. When you restart Max it will add the name of the object you added. (But again, it's still short for now.)

UI_PaintOn_Issue.PNG

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report