Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drawing a line under 45 degrees

drawing a line under 45 degrees

If i press the shift, the line is drawn under 90, i often need to draw under 45, and for this i have to use bindings, which is longer, it would be better if i could draw a line with a cipher and a 45 degree line, just like in an illustrator.

8 Comments
Swordslayer
Advisor

Activate polar snap (it's driven by the angle snap value in snap settings), no need for feature request.

polarSnap.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that you can do so, turn on this mode and aim at the right value.
However, it will be much faster to draw lines at 45 degrees exactly as I wrote.

For 45 degree drawing no need press this mode

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set angle snap to 45 and hold Ctrl. But I think with Alt for example it will be good. 

michael_spaw
Autodesk

I think we can close this one out unless you have something here that isn't currently possible. Thoughts?

Thanks

-Michael

Michael Spaw

3ds Max, Product Owner/Designer

Media and Entertainment Division

Anonymous
Not applicable

Polar mode works well.

But to draw just a line under 90 and 45 degrees, I do not want to choose the polar mode. I have been working for 20 years and did not know about it. And many peoples do not know it. It's not the button. He is deep inside. I made a button for it.
But I do not want to press it, it's long, and it's an extra button.
It is much more convenient to press the shift, or Ctr to create line 45 and 90 degree. I understand that if I need to draw lines at 13 degrees, this mode will be very good. But I need to draw just under 45 and 90.

I think it will be a great idea to do this as well as it works now in Adobe Illustrator.

I'm used to working there and it's convenient. And many people work in the illustrator and can confirm this. Why did not Adobe do such a special mode for it?  Standard, most common functions they made quickly available.
Compare:
Draw a line pressed Shift - and it's all, 90 and 45 degrees done.
Or we press the button polar mode, we press the button of a snap, put in it 45 degree, close this windos. Drawing. Then turn off polar mode. Turn off the snaps.
What do you have faster?

michael_spaw
Autodesk

Great details, thanks that helps.

-Michael

Michael Spaw

3ds Max, Product Owner/Designer

Media and Entertainment Division

passariello
Collaborator
and why not design asist like autocad and fusion360?.... like auto snap and costraints?
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report