Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension tool for 3ds max

Dimension tool for 3ds max

Been a solid and loyal user to 3DSMAX for many years now, and still pretty content with everything it has to offer. But there is one thing that I believe was available in 3D Studio Viz, but never made its way to 3Ds Max, and that is the ability to place dimension strings in 3D Max, yes AutoCAD is there for that reason, but sometimes we just need to place a quick set of dimensions to share with team and clients, and switching over to AutoCAD is not efficient, plus when it comes to 3D AutoCAD navigation and modeling AutoCAD is not the strongest. Sketchup is there as well and has great dimensioning tools in 3D, but it is not as robust nor does it have great additional modeling tools such as 3D Max. 

So please please bring in the ability to place dimension strings into 3Ds Max please.

thank you!!

Joe Zamora

6 Comments
hainamcad
Advocate
miauuuu
Collaborator
Anonymous
Not applicable

NOT PROFESSIONAL DIM 😞

nicinus
Participant

Something like what they have in Sketchup would be great!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Joe (Hey Joe!!!), intuitive dimensioning contained within the UI, on par with what Sketchup offers would mean I don't need those other tools. Yes, ACAD is there, but it adds a huge layer of complexity to something that can be really simple. 

danielrafi170
Community Visitor

me gustaria que se pueda acotar de forma facil en 3d s max asi como se puede acotar de Sketshup o autocad 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report