Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vray error "Could not obtain license (10061)" 3DS Max

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
49101 Views, 5 Replies

Vray error "Could not obtain license (10061)" 3DS Max

Good day everyone. I installed a free license for 3 years. Started modeling. And the moment has come when you need to render, error Crashes. I can't figure out what's wrong. Re-installed 3 times. Help solve the problem87.jpg

Your post subject line has been edited by @hagen.deloss: Request for help. 3ds max throws an error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums, it looks like you are visiting as a new member to the 3DS Max forum. I want to extend a warm welcome to the Autodesk Community!

It looks like this is a Vray specific error message, so I checked their website and found this article.

Problem: The ActiveShade window displays a message "error: Could not obtain a license (10061)" and remains black.

Cause: This error means that V-Ray RT could not connect to a working license server.

Solution: There are several things to check:

• Check that the license server settings are correct. You can do that from Start menu > Programs > Chaos Group > V-Ray for 3ds Max > Licensing > Administration > Change V-Ray client license settings.
  • If the license server settings are correct, make sure that the license server is really running on that machine (if the license server is specified as localhost or 127.0.0.1, this is your workstation).
  • If the license server is running on the specified machine, try to connect to it manually from a web browser. Open your web browser and type http://servername:30304 where servername is the IP address or the name of the machine where the V-Ray license server is running. If you do not see the license server web page, or an error is displayed, it may be that the connection to the license server is blocked by a firewall or an antivirus program. You must change the set up of this program to allow connections to the license server.

If all of the above points are ok, try restarting the license server and then the ActiveShade window. If the problem persists, contact the Vray support team at vray@chaosgroup.com

That's directly copied from the chaos group website, please let me know if this documentation doesn't help you resolve the issue!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

thank you very much, I reinstalled Vray and it seemed to work. Thanks for your help

Message 4 of 6

I do not understand what I have to do to solve it, the web page does not find it for me, and it says that i hace 127.0.0.1., and I also cant find the part where I can manage the license

help plis

Message 5 of 6
shadanmahdi21
in reply to: Anonymous

help

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: shadanmahdi21

@shadanmahdi21with what?

you provide no info

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report