Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Urgent error resizing pelt map window in max 2016

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
724 Views, 7 Replies

*Urgent error resizing pelt map window in max 2016

i have this bugged pelt map window that giving me half of the panel and i cant resize it. i cant click or use setting. i downloaded max 2016 service pack but it didnt solve the issue

i want to note that am using max from wacom cintiq and thats the only issue am facing so far and it seems i cant solve it with anything yet,i want to note that i tried lowering the screen resolution to several sizes but it still didnt work what should i do

thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous

Great to hear from you on the forums! I'm curious, do you have a multiple monitor setup? 

This is super interesting, i haven't seen a single UI element interact oddly before, it's usually accompanied with a bunch of other UI issues! 

Have you tried resetting your user preferences back to default? Here are instructions on how to do so. Keep in mind this resets your custom keybinding setup and plugins as well.

Which service pack did you download? Just in case, here is a link to service pack 4 if you didn't get a chance to install it, SP 5 should be accessible through your Autodesk Account. 

Keep me updated on what you end up doing, looking forward to chatting with you further.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 8
hagen.deloss

@Anonymous

I wanted to check back and see if a post helped you with your problem. It would be super helpful if you could add a post with how you decide to proceed, and your results. That way other Community members can benefit from your process 😄

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Hello @hagen.deloss, thank you so much for your reply, I did follow the information given above but sadly i couldn't solve the problem yet. perhaps its due the 4k resolution screen that am working with with my cintiq.

I hope there is another ways to solve this issue.

Thank you so much.

Message 5 of 8
hagen.deloss

Hi @Anonymous

Argh! It looks like 3DS Max 2016 UI isn't fully compatible with 4K monitors in general. Here is an article on this.

I would say your best bet is to upgrade to the newest version of 3DS Max 2019.2 (note that the first version of Max that's fully 4K compatible is 2018).

I hope this information helps!

Hagen Deloss

Message 6 of 8
fla3d
in reply to: hagen.deloss

I know it won't solve your problem but do you really need pelt? After peel arrived in max I never used pelt anymore. Maybe you could show your mesh so that we could help you unwrapping without using pelt.

Message 7 of 8
hagen.deloss

@Anonymous

Have you gotten a chance to look into seeing if 3DS Max 2018-2019 are an option for you? Otherwise, like @fla3d suggested, there are a few UV Unwrapping tools that may be able to get you a favorable result. 

Would the Peel or Quick Peel tools get you similar results?

I would also highly recommend the Roadkill stand alone tool for unwrapping. It's pretty simple but gets great results! *Whats listed as the Maya download is actually the download for the stand alone app. 

Talk to you soon

Hagen Deloss

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: fla3d

@fla3d

well yeah i had to actually use another software to unwrap it, thank you

@hagen.deloss

thank you so much, well i feel the versions after 2016 interface are kinda uncomfortable maybe because am used to the old versions of max, but thank you for the plugin suggest il give them a try 😃

thank you for all your replies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report