Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwrap UVW Editor Glitch

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
853 Views, 7 Replies

Unwrap UVW Editor Glitch

Hi, I am having an issue when I click "open UVW editor" all the buttons and text mess up making them unusable. Any idea how to fix? I have a attached a pic so you can see what I mean. 

Thanks for any help in advance.

KrisScreenshot (18).png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've been experiencing this glitch as well, but only on certain stations. My typical workarounds for interface issues don't seem to have any effect on it.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

My current work around is to deselect UnwrapUVW and re-select it. The buttons appear normal until I open the editor again.

Message 4 of 8
PropChad

Is this on 3ds Max 2018, and are you on 4k monitors? If so, there's no solution that I've found other than working on another workstation with 1080p monitor setup. This bug was fixed in 2019, so I haven't had to see it in a while.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: PropChad

Hi, No I am using 2019. My monitor is actually 4K but I have it set to 1080 as it was causing other issues in MAX. I am currently using a 2 screen setup but it makes no difference as it happens even when I only use one screen.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Closing the UVW editor, de- and then re-selecting the object cleared it up, until the editor was opened again, so I wasn't able to have free access to the UVW modifier while the UVW window was open. I ended up asking for the affected work stations to be re-imaged, and that seems to have cleared things up for the time being (knock on wood).

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

The affected work station lasted two weeks before displaying the glitch again, and the station has been swapped out with a different tower, which so far has been functioning as expected.

To give some more information, when an administrator profile was used to access 3DS Max on the original station, I was not able to reproduce the glitch, the UVW modifier and editor window functioned as anticipated. We then tried wiping the affected user profile (mine), recreated it and re-opened 3DS Max and set up my station preferences, after which the bug did not immediately resurface, so it would appear that the bug is tied to the user profile and preferences rather than the image of 3DS Max.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Im getting this glitch as well for 2020 version 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report