Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Save/Load problem 3ds Max 2021

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Pixelschmiede
221 Views, 2 Replies

UI Save/Load problem 3ds Max 2021

I have an annoying issue with my UI profile...
I have saved it without scene explorer and also the maststart.max file is empty, but if I open Max then it loads 3!!! scen explorers...! see the attached image

is there a way to get rid of the scene explorers, something seems corrupt.

thanks for help.

themaxxer

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
darawork
in reply to: Pixelschmiede

Hi,

The quickest way to perhaps fix this, is to do a factory reset unfortunately. Doing so will reset the entire GUI, so you may want to back up the entire ENU folder before you do, just in case you want to change it back.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resett...

Seeing as you're on a pre 2022 version, the second method will apply to your 2021 installation,
Regards,

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 3
RyanCameron
in reply to: Pixelschmiede

its been awhile since I've done this, but I thought there was a way to reset the UI: Customize > Customize User interface - > Reset button.  Is that what you're referring to?

the maststart.max file should be empty if you want to start clean, right?  is your Customize > Configure system paths correct and not additional startup scripts or junk specified?

yikes, plan C is uninstall, reinstall. Sorry, I wish I had something better. hopefully the top two suggestions work.

RB Cameron, AIA, LEED AP, EDAC
Digital Practice Leader

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report